WRANGLER
TRAILBLAZER
WELLWADER
PATHFINDER
RIDGERUNNER
WINDCHASER
CLIFFHANGER
Welcome to Brook Haven!
Welcome to Brook Haven Ranch! We are a 18+ premium role playing community set in Trader's Bend, Montana. Our concept is the culmination of twenty years of plotting and planning. We feature a rich, developed program in which many troubled characters thrive. Our community is one of the best on jcink and we look forward to you becoming a part of it!
Healing Horses & Troubled Teens since 1995
Not every teenager has the benefit of growing up in a loving, happy home. Some are victims of abuse, neglect, a system that shuffles them from foster home to foster home. Brook Haven Ranch was established in 1995 as a refuge for abused and neglected horses -- and teenagers who needed a second chance in life and the opportunity to become something more than society expects of them.
Updates
8/25/2017 - Revamp Executed! 11/3/2017 - Holiday Event Launched!

STAFF SEARCH!

Forum Rules !

Reminder: Six Characters Per Request
You may bump once per week!

Add Reply
New Poll

The Tagalong Kid, student • jake t. austin
morgan keaton
Ranch Hand • 52 YRS
istj
Occupation
Ranch Hand
Nickname
Morgan
Pronouns
he/him/his
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Status
Single
Partner
Riding Style
Western
Wither
is
Without Makeup

Breed
Appaloosa
Disciplines
Trail Riding
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
she/her/hers
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM for Discord
3 Posts
100 Points
Brook Haven
Hand
Jorge Ramirez • Future Foster Kid Open!
This is Jorge. Jorge likes to follow Morgan around the ranch and hammer him with about a million questions about his background, how he came to work on the ranch, and whether or not people pushed him around when he was a kid. He's a nuisance, as far as Morgan is concerned and Morgan doesn't want to have to deal with his questions any more. At the same time, Jorge has given Morgan a lot of perspective, because amidst those peppered questions, Jorge talks a lot about himself as well, and Morgan has come to understand that Jorge is struggling with some of the same issues that he faced himself when he was younger. Ultimately Morgan will develop a great deal of affection for Jorge as time goes on, and the two of them will become close. The goal is for Morgan to adopt Jorge, through the process of fostering and adoption in our adoption guidelines. Morgan will be a strict father the way that he is strict with all of the students on Brook Haven Ranch. In fact, life might be a bit tougher for Jorge once he is adopted (or even fostered) because Morgan is a strong believer in physical punishment (hauling large buckets of water, lifting rocks, digging holes, doing extra chores, running or hiking long distances, treading water, etc) and if pushed, he may use corporal (bodily, such as spanking) punishment as well. Once Dante is in the picture he may soften Morgan up a bit, so we will have to see!
About Jorge
Originally I had left this entirely open to the player but I have to be honest that I prefer to take more defined characters rather than having everything left up to me, so I'd like to cover some background to help you to get a more solid idea of who I would like Jorge to be. I imagine that he's had a tough life that has led him to Brook Haven ranch, and I would love to see him as a judicial referral. The ranch doesn't get them very often but Jesse Wolfe (my character) is one and I think that it would be fun to have another POC/Mixed Race kid on the ranch with a judicial referral, because in my mind he probably got it because of his Puerto Rican heritage. Maybe he was profiled by the cops and got arrested because his skin is too brown or because his hair is too black or because somebody overheard him speaking Spanish -- it doesn't matter. Whatever he did is up to you, but I'd love it if he got arrested (maybe in part because of profiling) and then was referred by a judge to Brook Haven instead of Juvie. it's even more interesting if he's been to Juvie before. Like most of our kids at Brook Haven, he should be a foster kid. The reasons why he's in the system are altogether up to you, but try to keep them realistic, and the less abusive the better. Maybe his mother was too poor to take care of him and gave him up for adoption and he had trouble being adopted because of his mixed race or because he has an accent, or maybe his parents died, or maybe he's always been in the system... The longer he's been in the system, the more likely he is to have acted out to get arrested, and the more potential relationships I have for him, so go for it!
Plot Ideas
The main big plot idea here is that Jorge is bugging the crap out of Morgan and that Morgan just can't handle it any more, so he snaps at him hard enough to elicit and emotional reaction from Jorge, and that Morgan comes to see him more as a person than as just another student who is bugging the crap out of him. This would give Morgan a reason to treat Jorge like a potential son and for him to grasp that the two of them could work as a family. Later I would like to see Morgan adopt this character. Jorge's face claim is Jake T. Austin and he is sixteen or seventeen years old. He should be a Tenderfoot and he is also wanted as a third party in a polyamorous teen relationship with Thomas Montgomery and Nadia Grisham. I have not included that request, but please contact me for details!
OTTER
Admin • 37 YRS
INFJ
Occupation
Admin
Nickname
Devin
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Status
Taken by
Partner
Riding Style
Western
This is the mini bio...
N/A
is
N/A

Breed
N/A
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM
468 Posts
4465 Points
Community Team
Administrator
Jorge is open again!
<>
<>
LOU
OUTREACH/TEACHER • 25 YRS
INFJ-A
Occupation
OUTREACH/TEACHER
Nickname
LOU
Pronouns
N/A
Sexual Orientation
N/A
Status
N/A
Partner
Riding Style
Western
is

Breed
Disciplines
Application
LOU
is Offline

Pronouns
HE/HIM
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM/E-MAIL
2 Posts
75 Points
Going to go ahead and ask to claim this!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling
Skin coded by Devin exclusively for Brook Haven Ranch.