WRANGLER
TRAILBLAZER
WELLWADER
PATHFINDER
RIDGERUNNER
WINDCHASER
CLIFFHANGER
Welcome to Brook Haven!
Welcome to Brook Haven Ranch! We are a 18+ premium role playing community set in Trader's Bend, Montana. Our concept is the culmination of twenty years of plotting and planning. We feature a rich, developed program in which many troubled characters thrive. Our community is one of the best on jcink and we look forward to you becoming a part of it!
Healing Horses & Troubled Teens since 1995
Not every teenager has the benefit of growing up in a loving, happy home. Some are victims of abuse, neglect, a system that shuffles them from foster home to foster home. Brook Haven Ranch was established in 1995 as a refuge for abused and neglected horses -- and teenagers who needed a second chance in life and the opportunity to become something more than society expects of them.
Updates
8/25/2017 - Revamp Executed! 11/3/2017 - Holiday Event Launched!

STAFF SEARCH!

Add Reply
New Poll

Happy Birthday, Otter
BEN
N/A • N/A YRS
INTP
Occupation
N/A
Nickname
N/A
Pronouns
N/A
Sexual Orientation
N/A
Status
N/A
Partner
Riding Style
Western
is

Breed
Disciplines
Application
Ben
is Offline

Pronouns
He/him/his
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM
91 Posts
220 Points
Community Team
Birthday Wishes
Today is Otter's birthday. Since Otter writes the Weekly Encouragement, we couldn’t wish her a happy birthday and keep it a surprise, so the rest of the staff is posting our birthday wishes and thoughts here. If you'd like to join in, we invite you to post your own birthday wishes and thoughts in a reply to this post. (P.S. I wanted to make sure to get this up while Otter was out, which meant posting this before everyone who was planning to participate had time to get theirs to me. Sorry!)
From Ben
Happy Birthday, Otter! I’ve thanked you before for creating this site, and all the work you put into it, so today I want to remember to thank you for what a good friend you’ve been. It’s been just about a year and a half since I first showed up at one of your sites, and I was so nervous. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that you not only gave me a chance, but how patient you’ve been at nudging me in the right direction and helping me learn how to be a better writer. I do feel like, somewhere along the way, we’ve become friends. When the inevitable difficult family stuff happened in the lead up to my wedding, you were there for me, and I haven’t forgotten how supportive (and full of good advice) you were. I also want to tell you how much I love Thomas Montgomery. I love the way you portray someone with an illness serious enough that it affects every minute of his life, but still make sure Thomas’ personality shines through so that he’s a real person, not just a disease. With someone as hurt as Thomas, it would be easy to just make him a lovable, sympathetic cinnamon bun. You didn’t do that. Thomas is also difficult, and at times obnoxious. I’m in awe of how you can write a character so that your love for him shows in every paragraph, but still clearly see his flaws, and how he’ll get on other people’s nerves. I feel like I have something to learn about writing and characters from every one of your apps, but Thomas is one of the ones I keep returning to.
From Bob
Otter - I’m going to SEIZE THE DAY, and tell you how I feel, because really I’m CARRYING THE BANNER of my love for you. So the WORLD WILL KNOW, ONCE AND FOR ALL how truly wonderful I think you are. Really I want to scream it from the ROOFTOP. And I want you to know I’ll stick with you for HIGH TIMES, HARD TIMES, and every second in between. Also I would totally vote you into office for the KING OF NEW YORK. And really I could write a whole thing about what an amazing person I think you are with a hundred different musicals—but I wanted to specifically use Newsies because talking about Newsies was one of the first times we actually have a conversation between the two of us. On that very sentimental note—I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for dreaming up this site, and pouring hours of effort into it. Thank you for being here every day to encourage and inspire, thank you for your dedication to the community, thank you for truly reading and working to understand every word that someone posts (in and out of character), thank you for your tireless efforts to uphold the standard of writing, thank you for always having a kind word, and for always laughing at my jokes, thank you for happily accepting my oddball bunch of characters, and getting excited when I want to create another one… Speaking of—I think it’s time I got super excited about one of yours! As a side note, that I think you know but I want to reiterate, I love your characters. Every time I read, or reread an app of yours I find something else to love about your writing and your character development. Today I have decided to let you know just how much I love: Petra Sokoloff! First off I wanted to start by saying thank you. THANK YOU for so delicately handing transgender issues without everything being negative. And thank you for not using the stereotype of an extremely girly girl as a transwoman. So often when people create trans characters they justify the trans identity by saying, “Look, he’s a boy because he likes cars!” or “she’s a girl because she likes make-up!” As someone who falls inside, outside, and all over the gender spectrum I am so grateful that Petra likes tech and gaming. AND that it’s not a huge deal. Well it’s a huge part of who she is—but there is no explanation of she’s a girl and she likes games she’s so “quirky.” It’s just who she is. And I love that. No part of this character feels forced, or like it is reaching. Secondly – and this is something that I could literally write for any app of yours—I aspire to write key and desired plots like you do. They are interesting, have opportunities for growth for everyone involved, and they focus on many different types of relationships. And finally, I just want to say I love the voice you have created in this app. Even though the majority of the app done in third person and the backstory is done in second; you have created an individual tone, and voice that you write Petra with. I hear her voice when you write, and that’s so great. - Bob

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling
Skin coded by Devin exclusively for Brook Haven Ranch.