WRANGLER
TRAILBLAZER
WELLWADER
PATHFINDER
RIDGERUNNER
WINDCHASER
CLIFFHANGER
Welcome to Brook Haven!
Welcome to Brook Haven Ranch! We are a 18+ premium role playing community set in Trader's Bend, Montana. Our concept is the culmination of twenty years of plotting and planning. We feature a rich, developed program in which many troubled characters thrive. Our community is one of the best on jcink and we look forward to you becoming a part of it!
Healing Horses & Troubled Teens since 1995
Not every teenager has the benefit of growing up in a loving, happy home. Some are victims of abuse, neglect, a system that shuffles them from foster home to foster home. Brook Haven Ranch was established in 1995 as a refuge for abused and neglected horses -- and teenagers who needed a second chance in life and the opportunity to become something more than society expects of them.
Updates
8/25/2017 - Revamp Executed! 11/3/2017 - Holiday Event Launched!

STAFF SEARCH!

Forum Rules Tag Your Triggers!

Remember to Tag Your Triggers!
People and events in shippers are entirely fictional.

Add Reply
New Poll

Dyin' slow in a livin' hell, 15 / WRANGLER / SAMMI HANRATTY
veronica curry
pain in the ass • 15 YRS
INTP
Occupation
pain in the ass
Nickname
Ronnie
Pronouns
she/her
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Status
single
Partner
n/a
Riding Style
Western
It's been years since the fire that forever altered the life of her and her family. What was supposed to be a simple party quickly got out of control, and before she completely understood what had happened, the barn was up on smoke. In an effort to save the horses she could, she ran in, along with her sister. As a result, one horse was saved and is still alive -- Victory.

All the others either perished in the fire or sustained injuries to grave to be kept alive.

After suffering a head injury that left her in a coma, she was in relative peace, until she woke to deal with the consequences of her decisions.

It's been years, and it's still hard for Ronnie to look her brother or sister in the eyes. She doesn't like the idea of being at Brook Haven. She's terrified of what this means for her, what it means for Victory, and what she does if they really never do forgive her.

She does a good job of masking that fear and guilt with anger, and so far, she's managed to keep people away, but who knows how much longer that will last.

Victory
is
Any Victory Will Do

Breed
appaloosa
Disciplines
western
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
she/her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
pm me
24 Posts
170 Points
Wrangler
mustang
Veronica Curry
TW: underage drinking, physical abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, narcissistic parental figure, barn fire, animal deaths, eating disorder, depression, drug use, suicidal ideation

Basics

Full Name: Veronica Jean Curry
Nickname/Alias: Ronnie
Date of Birth: July 31, 2001
Current Age: 15
Pronouns: she/her
User Group: Wrangler
Sub-Group: Student

Appearance

Eye Color: blue
Hair Color:light brown
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 90 lbs
Scars or Marks: The entire right side of Ronnie's body is covered in burn scars, from just below her hair to her knee, expanding across her chest. She is the mirror image of her twin. These scars limit her mobility and strength on her dominant side.
Tattoos or Piercings
  • Ear piercings.
  • Crappy butterfly tattoo on her left ankle.

Face Claim: Sammi Hanratty

Personality

MBTI Type: INTP
Likes: dogs, music, books, cows, alone time, coffee, the smell of rotting leaves, cowboy boots, pumpkins, hayrides, loud music, drinking away sorrows (not really), her ipod, hiking, camping, independence, walking barefoot outside, expensive things, sleeping in, heavy blankets, sweatshirts
Dislikes: anything that makes her socialize with people, eating meat, her stepfather, that people can't trust her, her father, her mother, being touched when she's asleep, getting drug into things she doesn't want to be drug into, homework, facing difficult reality
Strengths: creative, honest, passionate, original, generous, warm-hearted, humorous, abstract thinker
Weaknesses: arrogant, very private, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, loathes rules, can be insensitive
Fears: afterlife, everyone hating her, fire, Nathaniel's abuse, being touched sexually, being hit
Secrets: She was sexually, then physically abused by her step-father, much like her twin sister.
Vices:Drinking, Smoking, Pot, Cocaine
Aspirations: She wants to own a no-kill farm.

Psychology

Divergence: Depression with suicidal ideation, PTSD, Anorexia
Risk Factors: Guilt surrounding the loss of her siblings' horses, the loss of her animals, her step-father's abuse,
Current Treatment: Lexapro for depression and PTSD symptoms, Prazosin for nightmares and flashbacks, Individual Therapy (refused)

Brook Haven Referral

Referred by: Nathan Curry, brother -- Callum Faulkner, biological father
Referred for: Ronnie was referred to the program because she refuses to get out of bed, work with animals, or outwardly take responsibility for her actions that led to a barn fire, in which the barn was destroyed and many animals perished. She's sabotaged relationships within her own family, and to the people who are watching her close off, it seems like she isn't taking responsibility for her choices, actions, and lack thereof.
Problem Areas: Refusal to work with horses, rebellious, shutting everyone out

Relationships

Romantic Orientation: Biromantic
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Relationship Status: Single
Significant Other: n/a

Lifestyle

Career/Occupation: Student
Education: 8th grade
Dream Job: Rescue and Farm owner
Home Town: Oakville, California
Religion: Catholic

Equestrian Life

Preferred Riding Style: Western
Disciplines: barrel racing, pole bending
Riding Strengths: good seat, good communication, strong bond, patience
Riding Weaknesses: lost tremendous strength on her left (dominant side), only rides with two hands, overly tense

Ronnie's Timeline

• July 31, 2001 -- Veronica and Isabella Curry were born
      Our whole lives have been lies. Mom just didn't want to face the fact that she was a whore and kept falling into bed with another man because there was something that wasn't right with the man she married. It would be years before anyone discovered what that was.
  • 2002 -- Nate left.
      Our brother always came back. He checked in on Bella and me all the time, but back then I didn't know why, and by the time I did, I didn't want to tell anyone. Maybe Nate knew before anyone else accepted it that there was something wrong with the stepfather that claimed parentage.
  • 2006 -- The first time Nathaniel smacked her. The first time he told her he wasn't her "daddy".
      It wasn't a little smack, and it's one of those things that sticks with you. He didn't like that I'd been quiet. He wanted an answer to a question, and I didn't want to answer him or I didn't know what the right answer was. I don't remember what led up to it well, but I remember the way his hand felt against my skin, the sting and the searing pain. And I remember calling out to him, and asking why. Then he did it again, and told me that he wasn't my "daddy". I was 5, and I learned to speak up, because being quiet got me hit.
  • 2008 -- Ronnie broke her arm, "falling down the stairs".
      No one ever asked for the specifics of what had happened. I think Bella might've known something was up, but I didn't say anything, not even to her. She'd been out with mom doing something and I'd stayed at the house, but I got into a fight with Nathaniel. We'd been on the front porch, and I couldn't even tell you what it was about. He might've been accusing me of not doing something, I don't remember clearly. I remember stomping my foot, and the way his face contorted. I went to back away and he grabbed my arm. He wouldn't let go, so I tried to tug away, but he yanked and I stumbled backwards, down the stairs, and wound up landing wrong on my arm.

He made me wait, saying it wasn't that bad. Nate came by that day and found me with my arm. Nathaniel told him I'd fallen down the stairs and I nodded, telling him that I'd tripped off the front porch. The fracture was enough to warrant a cast, but not suspicious enough for the doctor to ask questions. That was the first time I lied to my brother.

• 2009 -- Cal bought the girls horses.
      Bella and I got our fist horses for a new years gift. We weren't quite 8 yet, and Nathaniel had a fit that Cal had bought them for us. I heard him yelling at mom about it one night, but we wound up keeping them. We'd been taking riding lessons for year. That was the year I got Victory. He was my best friend, apart from Bella, of course.
  • 2012 -- Started Middle School
  • 2012 -- Nathaniel started visiting at night
      No one knows. Not even now. I don't talk to anyone about it. I don't want the questions and I don't want anyone to know what happened to me. I never even told Bella. I was young when he visited the first time, and it hurt, but when he told me that I wasn't his daughter, and that my father didn't want me, so it was okay -- I didn't know what to do. I knew what he was doing was wrong. I knew I shouldn't do it, and I squeaked out the word "no" before he made fun of me for it. Everyone on the ranch had a purpose, and I wasn't good for anything else.

He never stopped. Not even after the fire. I don't talk about it. The only living thing that knew was Victory, and I can't face him.

• 2014 -- Barn Fire
      It all happened so quickly. No one talks to me about it, and I don't talk to anyone else either. It was stupid to have that party, and I shouldn't have been hanging out with that crowd, but I wanted so badly to be surrounded by people. When I was with people, I wasn't a target. When I was with those people I was able to forget, not just because I got wrapped up, but because I could numb my pain with the drugs and alcohol they had.

I'd told them not to smoke near the barn, but it didn't matter. It all happened so quickly. Alcohol+cigarettes+intoxicated friends+intoxicated me would up equaling a mess that I didn't walk away from the same.

That fire cost everyone everything. Everyone except me. Bella's horses died. Nate's horses died. The few horses that had been saved, aside from Victory were sold off. And everyone thinks I don't hate myself for it -- shows how much any of them knew me. I can't look at Victory. Everyone says he wants me, but there's no way that's true, and I can't take anyone else I love hating me.

• September 2014 -- Nathaniel told Ronnie he didn't want her.
      I remember that conversation so well. I didn't hurt -- maybe it did, I don't know to be honest. I remember telling him (loudly enough that if anyone else had been in the house, they would have heard) that he certainly wanted me enough at night when he came to visit.

Mom started acting different after that. I don't know if she heard anything, but it's not like her to say anything, even if she did. Why would she have cared?

Don't tell me how to feel

A lot of people think that they know how it is that Ronnie's feeling, and that's the last thing that she wants to hear. NO ONE knows how she feels, and she's finally finding her voice enough again to tell them that. They don't get to say that they "get it" because they don't. They haven't lived her life, or done the the things that she's done.

Don't ask me to face them

The problem with what Ronnie did is that she wasn't the only one effected. Her siblings are forever altered by her decisions, and while she knows that, and accepts that, she doesn't want to have to deal with it. She's hurting, and she masks it by making those around her believe she doesn't care. What she wouldn't give to actually be able to escape, because dealing with it hurts. Dealing everything hurts. But escaping hurt is what led to all of it.

You don't know me.

People on the ranch might respect Callum Faulkner, but Ronnie isn't one of them, and there isn't a thing that anyone can do about that. A check every month doesn't make you a father, and the way Ronnie sees it, she's never really had one. Nathan wasn't her father either. She doesn't want to hear how wrong she was, in Cal's opinion, she already knows it, and the last thing she needs is some stranger expressing his disappointment. He wasn't there when she could have used him, and he doesn't get to decide to be a part of her life now. After all, he doesn't know the first thing about her.

Can't look in the mirror

The person that Ronnie hates the most is herself, and that sort of resentment is hard to overcome. She can't look in a mirror, not because of the scars, but because she's ashamed of what she sees. She cost the people she loved the most, some of the things they loved most, and there's no way to take it back. No amount of "I'm sorry" will fix it, and so she hasn't tried -- but she's stuck. If she punishes herself, she's selfish, and if she doesn't, she really is selfish.

Part of her wishes that there was a way to commit suicide, and then there's the part that's just too much of coward to follow through.

They hate me

She's pulled some stupid stunts, but at the end of the day, she isn't a stupid girl. She knows that her siblings hate her, and they have every right to. It had been dumb to have the party, and she should have moved quicker, she should have called for help sooner. There were a lot of things that she should have done, but she didn't and they all have to live with that fact. She doesn't expect to look at Bella or Nate and see them really seeing her -- the time for that has come and gone. In the place of her, she's certain that they see a villain with no heart.

She doesn't expect them to forgive her, but she doesn't know what it is that she's supposed to be doing. She doesn't WANT to deal with her feelings. The whole thing scares her, but the more she locks down, the more .....

About Ronnie

What you have to understand is that this girl is incredibly complicated, and struggling to navigate life. Three years ago, she burnt down her family's barn, and only one horse survived -- hers. Her siblings animals perished that day, and it was all thanks to a party that she let get out of control. She never should have let those kids have alcohol and cigarettes near the barn, but due to being high, herself, she was too late to react. If she'd been just a little bit quicker, she could have saved the horses, and she could have kept her sister from running into the fire to try to save her friends.

Following the fire, both she and Bella were hospitalized with serious burns. Thanks to a head injury, Ronnie would up in a coma, and while Bella has made accusations about her not wanting to wake, they aren't unfounded. Ronnie didn't want to wake up, high or not, hearing the screams of the horses as they all perished had been heart breaking.

She's spent the last almost three years dealing with the fact that the whole thing was her fault. She doesn't know how to "move on" and people keep expecting her to be the same person, but she doesn't think anyone even knows who that is, including her. She lost everything that night, and she doesn't think anyone (including Victory) who's left is going to be able to forgive her.

She's got a lot to learn, and the first step in that is to stop balking at the program and to just get out there and do what she needs to. All while this is going on, she's still keeping secrets from everyone, not that she thinks any of them want to hear it.

Platonic

In the past, Ronnie often became friends with the wrong sorts of people. She learned early in life, that she could bury her problems and that she "appeared okay" if she had friends. So she made them, but they weren't with the sorts of people that were approved of by her mother, step-father, or biological father. She didn't care, being friends with them had it's perk -- she could pretend for a while that things weren't what they were, and she was out of the house.

The thing about those friends is that most of them weren't people that she was even close to (with a few exceptions). What you need to know about Ronnie is that once she really lets you in, she can be a great friend. She's loyal, fierce, and steadfast -- at least until the moment that it all gets too overwhelming, and then she'll need a moment, but if you can let her have her space to recharge, refill, or even be there when she needs you, it will all work out.

She's going to need some people who can stand by her.

Romantic

Ronnie is bi-sexual, or at least bi-curious for now. No matter what anyone thinks, this isn't her thumbing her nose at her parents, it's about who she is and who she's attracted to. Right now she isn't dating anyone, and that's probably a good thing, as she works through her issues and works on helping her horse.

Antagonistic

I imagine that she'll actually have quite a few of these. She's been digging her feet in for quite some time, when it comes to working the program. Different people have different opinions about what she's done, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if quite a few people weren't comfortable with her being there. Her attitude isn't probably helping anything.

Familiar

Right now, Ronnie is struggling in her relationships with her family. In fact, she's wondering why it is that she's even there. Don't get her wrong, she doesn't want to back and stay with her mom and Nathaniel, but she's aware of the fact that her family doesn't like her right now, and it hurts. Because she can't fix what she did, and it's hard to face them. She doesn't like her biological father, and she DOES blame him (wrong or not) for not ever being there, and she doesn't understand why he's trying to be there now, then she remembers that he's not really -- he's there for Bella, which is good, because she needs him and isn't as mad at him.

Other

Not going to lie, Ronnie is going to struggle with her group mates. She's been making their lives hell for a little while now. Refusing to do her chores, pull her weight, and the threat not eating doesn't mean anything to her, because she doesn't want to eat anyways. With the ranch having caught onto the fact that both she and her twin have eating disorders, it's getting more difficult to fight the program, and she's slowly starting to come around -- especially since Victory has taken lame.

First Impressions

Upon first seeing her, most people are taken aback by the fact that she's covered in burn scars. They don't necessarily know who she is, and most people don't push when she crosses her arms and backs away. She hates the curiosity she sees in their eyes, and she'd rather not deal with it, so tries not to. Most people get the impression that she doesn't want to be bothered, and they'd be right.

Friendly Impressions

Ronnie doesn't have a lot of friends, but it hasn't always been that way. Those that are close to her, know they are, and it should mean something, as she doesn't let that many people get close. They should know that when she needs space, it's best to just give it and know that she'll be back -- it's how she recharges her batteries.

Familiar Impressions

Right now, there isn't anyone in her family who likes her all that much. She cost her siblings their horses, and hers managed to survive and is struggling, while she struggles to deal with it. They think she's selfish, self-serving, and that she's not a very good person. Ronnie knows that they don't like her, and it hurts, but they have every reason to, which makes the whole thing really frustrating.

Rival Impressions

She doesn't compete much anymore, but when she did, she wasn't one to gloat. She wasn't one to socialize with her competition, if she didn't know them already, but she's of the belief that the best person wins, and it shows.

Enemy Impressions

Enemies see her as sour, callous, and confrontational. She can be headstrong, and stubborn it doesn't bode well for those that have crossed her or that she's crossed. It's likely that enemies will always remain that way.

Authority Impressions

Ronnie doesn't do so well with authority. She hates being contained and told what she will or won't do -- she doesn't like it when other people are in control of her life, and it shows. She either fights, or retreats, and people in authority of her often find her difficult to deal with.

Lover Impressions

Ronnie doesn't have a lover, so I don't feel like I can accurately do this until she's in a place where I can see what sorts of things happen.

Self-Impressions

Ronnie absolutely hates herself. She can't look in the mirror and she doesn't think that she's worth the effort people are trying to put into her -- honestly, she doesn't understand why she's at Brook Haven, at all. They could have just left her to her own devices for a few more weeks and no one would have had to deal with her anymore. She can't be what they want, and she can't make up for what she did and she doesn't understand. She's angry at everyone, but really, she just hates herself and what she did -- and the person she is. She doesn't know how to change any of that, and best idea she had was taken away.

Post-Mortem Impressions

Depending on when she dies and what she does before she does, Ronnie will probably always be remembered as "the girl who burnt down her family's barn and slaughtered many horses". Whether or not they remember anything else will depend on when and how she dies. She may be remembered as a girl (woman) who struggled to overcome what she did, and who managed to win a battle with depression after making a horrible decision and after dealing with a childhood filled with abuse. She may wind up being remembered as generous and a lover of animals, and she may be remembered as someone who cared what her family thought, even if she told them that she didn't.

Mun Impressions

I love Ronnie, and at the same time, she infuriates. She's not an easy character, but she will always have a piece of my heart. She's made some horrible decision, and she's stronger than she gives herself credit for. Now that's she started to take hesitant steps in the right direction, I have every reason to believe that she's going to make it through this in one piece. Her relationships with her siblings may never be what they could have been, but there's so much potential for her to grow and live that it warms and breaks my heart all at the same time.

Friends

First Last • Relationship

Bacon ipsum dolor amet brisket shoulder pork belly, prosciutto cupim jerky andouille meatball ham hock porchetta landjaeger. Cupim shank filet mignon, corned beef rump brisket salami biltong shankle drumstick chicken. Rump turducken brisket, porchetta ball tip sausage spare ribs. Strip steak corned beef short loin prosciutto chicken. Sausage pork chop tail meatloaf. Cupim spare ribs boudin andouille. Ham hock shankle capicola leberkas pancetta.

Bacon ipsum dolor amet brisket shoulder pork belly, prosciutto cupim jerky andouille meatball ham hock porchetta landjaeger. Cupim shank filet mignon, corned beef rump brisket salami biltong shankle drumstick chicken. Rump turducken brisket, porchetta ball tip sausage spare ribs. Strip steak corned beef short loin prosciutto chicken. Sausage pork chop tail meatloaf. Cupim spare ribs boudin andouille. Ham hock shankle capicola leberkas pancetta.

Enemies

Lovers

Family

Isabella Curry • Twin Sister

Ronnie understands that Bella hates her, and it hurts. A lot more than she's willing to talk about with anyone. Right now, she wishes desperately that someone would move her to a different group. More than anything, she wants her sister to see her again, but she doesn't think it's possible, and she gets it.

Nathan Curry • Older Brother

Ronnie and Nate used to be close. Even though he left when he was really young, he checked in, and she loved it when he stopped by. He always made her feel special. Now she can't look at him, doesn't want to talk to him, because she doesn't want to hear that he doesn't like her -- she knows it's coming and she doesn't know how to deal with it. After all, she doesn't like her.

Callum Faulkner • Biological Father

Ronnie hates Cal. Everyone says that she shouldn't and that she blames him for things that he had no control over, and maybe they're right, but the way she sees it, maybe some of these things wouldn't have happened if he'd loved her or Bella enough to show up. Fathers were supposed to be there, and because he never bothered to show up, she never had one.

Nathaniel Curry • Step-father

Ronnie hates Nathaniel more than she hates her father. She doesn't like to talk about him at all, if she can avoid the topic.

Other

Habits

Invisible

Over the years, Ronnie has made it a habit to make herself invisible when she doesn't want to be seen. Since coming to Brook Haven, it's been harder. Maybe it's because people are insistent upon her doing things their way, but either way, she's still got a habit of trying to make herself invisible, even if she's not successful as much as she'd like.

Layers

Since the accident, she does her best to cover up the scars on her body. This typically involves layers of clothes, even on warm days. These layers can leave her hot, but she won't take them off.

Tucked and tidy

She always makes her bed. It might seem like a stupid thing to have stayed with her so long, but she always hated getting into fights over her room being untidy. So much so that now it's just habit. Everything has a place.

Quirks

Very Sensitive

Ronnie's always been incredibly sensitive to criticism. Lately, she's been hearing a lot of it and it hurts. Nobody likes hearing their faults, and she's plenty aware that she has them, but she can't change the past, and she struggles with handling criticism very well.

Prone to loss of appetite.

Since she's been diagnosed anorexic, this isn't probably all that surprising to the people who know her. Whenever she's stressed or upset, her appetite dips, and she hates eating under pressure. Because of her diagnosis, this isn't likely to be allowed on the ranch, but as she starts to heal and move forward, people might notice her appetite coming back -- this quirk could be an indication at a later date that something has come up, or that she's stressed.

Dead Giveaway

Whenever Ronnie is stressed or lying, she speaks out of the corner of her mouth. This is typically a sign to those who know her that something is wrong, and how you can tell when she isn't being completely honest. Whether or not another person knows this about her, depends on how well they pay attention.

Hobbies

Writing

It's not something that a lot of people know about her. It's one of those hobbies that she's always kept incredibly private. She used to have an extensive collection of years worth or journals. Those journals contain all of her secrets, and those pages and Victory are the only things that know her secrets.

Ice Skating

Ronnie loves to go ice skating. She hasn't been in a while, but it's something that she still enjoys. At the right time of the year, it could be a real incentive or treat for her.

Hoseback riding

If she can work up the courage to face Victory again, this will pick back up. Ronnie used to love riding and she still does, but it's painful and brings back a lot of emotions that she doesn't want to have to deal with (but does). Victory needs the exercise, and she could do with that sort of connection with something again.

Skills

Organization •

As far as Ronnie is concerned, everything has a place (or it should) She's excellent at organizing things in a tidy manner. Some of this is due to the fact that she used to reap serious consequences for being "messy", so she always sure that her things are tidy. She folds her clothes a certain way, makes her bed every morning, and everything has a place to be, some of which is out in the open and some of which is out of sight and mind of others.

Playing Music • Advanced

Before the fire, Ronnie used to play music, and she was actually quite talented. Since then, she hasn't picked up her guitar (that she doesn't currently have) or put her fingers to the piano keys. She also doesn't sing anymore. When the right time comes, some people might be surprised.

Farming •

It's one of those things that surprise people. She's not the daughter of farmers, but she knows what she's doing when it comes to it, and it's her dream. It might just be something she was born with.

Interests

Farming

One day, Ronnie would like to own her own farm. One that she can make a life and a living on, and support animals that she won't slaughter. She will listen when people start talking about that sort of stuff, and might be a way for people to get her attention. Despite everything that's happened and is happening, she loves animals, and while she wouldn't slaughter animals on her farm, she'd be interested in hearing about farming and plants.

Theology

Weird. Right? The study of the nature of God and religious beliefs has always been fascinating to her. She doesn't talk to people about this (not that she's talking to anyone right now), but she finds the subject fascinating.

Reading

Mostly, Ronnie has an interest in fantasy teen novels. She's hesitant to move outside of that genre, but might give the right book a chance.

Desired Plots

.Can't you read?

Victory has taken lame as a side effect of gaining weight, and this is mostly due to students trying to make up for the fact that Ronnie hasn't been around her horse up to this point. As a result of the weight gain, there has been a sign posted not to feed him any sort of treats. I'd love it if another person (student, staff, volunteer) was caught by Ronnie giving Victory a treat (maybe even a apple or carrot). She would freak out, and it would be interesting to see what sort of a reaction and future relationship she had with this person, especially since Victory is very sensitive, and even despite the time apart, still very bonded to Ronnie.

I see you

Ronnie was sexually abused by her step-father. Now that she's going to start participating in the ranch, it might be neat if she put two and two together about another person on the ranch, and was able to be there for them. This could be especially neat, since she's not aware that what her step-father did to her, he also did to her twin.

Whispers and a Game Changer

Everyone only gets so much time on this earth, and when news of Nathaniel's death makes it to the ranch, Ronnie will be relieved. Maybe that reaction won't help people's opinion of her, but for her it will mean being able to close a chapter of her life, and have a chance at moving on. The siblings will get together to figure out what they want to do with the winery that was their home -- since none of them want it, it would be most logical to sell it, and split the money between the four of them.

Ronnie will want her portion to go to Brook Haven, especially when she starts to hear whispers about how their struggling. If that money could help to save horses like the ones she'd destroyed, then it would be well worth it.

About (Your Alias)

Pronouns: she/her
Time Zone: GMT-5
Native Language: English

Preferred Word Count: 250-800
Likely Triggers: Please tag triggers. I'm not easily triggered, but if I know it's in the thread, I walk in prepared. With that said what DOES trigger me is incredibly graphic depictions of sexual assault, and making light of mental illnesses (when people use them to make a bratty or bitchy character that has no room for growth).

Your Other Characters: Tony Brook, Nicole Brook Holmes, Tara Thompson
nathan curry
Veterinarian • 32 YRS
ISFJ
Occupation
Veterinarian
Nickname
Nate
Pronouns
He/Him
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Status
Married
Partner
Ben Lyonette
Riding Style
Western
Nate came to Brook Haven to save his sisters. Nearly two years ago, the twins were involved in a fire. Ronnie's friends set it, and Bella dove in to rescue her horses -- none of whom made it out of the barn fire alive. Knowing that the girls weren't safe with their stepfather, and not trusting their biological father to do the right thing for them, Nate pulled them from the only home that they had ever known and forced them to come with him three months ago to a therapeutic horse rescue and home for troubled teens located in Montana.

He brought with him his husband of three years and the two daughters that they have been raising together. Nate's husband has settled into Trader's Bend as the pastor of the local Christian church, and Nate has had to fight fresh bigotry because of the combination of faith and sexual orientation. It's been an upheaval and a transition for everybody involved, but for Nate personally he's had to release and obtain new birds of prey, he's had to leave behind his veterinary practice, find a new falconer's association, and has had to obtain new licenses. He's doing his best to settle into the new town, but the upheaval has been hard for him.

The worst part about it for him is that his sister's aren't taking to it well. He should have have expected miracles, and he knows that (knew it then and he knows it now) but he's frustrated by the fact that neither of the girls will so much as go near their horses. Given that he went out of his way to get Ronnie's personal horse to the ranch, this has been a low blow, and Nate has been struggling with feeling rejected by his sisters.

He's done all of this for them, and he feels as though he deserves a bit of gratitude for everything that he's sacrificed to help them to get back on their feet and find healing after the fire. His relationships with his immediate family are wonderful, so why can't his sisters accept what he's trying to do when his daughters seem so eager to accept him as their father and to move on with their lives?

Storm
is
Rolls Like Thunder

Breed
American Paint Horse
Disciplines
Cutting
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Discord
42 Posts
330 Points
Wrangler
Counselor
Nate & Ronnie
As you know, I am about to keel over dead asleep. I'm doing the best that I can to type this up for you, but my brain is much. It's tough to reiterate what we've already talked about, but the main thrust of this is that Ronnie (and Bella) are going to have to transfer to different groups. Ronnie will be going to Pathfinders and Bella to Tenderfoot. We touched on this earlier, but I'd like to do this in character, have Nate break the news to the twins and then execute the transfer. That way it's out there on the board and doesn't get weird for the other Wranglers. I think that we'll get better results out of their plot by doing it this way <3
Hit me back!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling
Skin coded by Devin exclusively for Brook Haven Ranch.