WRANGLER
TRAILBLAZER
WELLWADER
PATHFINDER
RIDGERUNNER
WINDCHASER
CLIFFHANGER
Welcome to Brook Haven!
Welcome to Brook Haven Ranch! We are a 18+ premium role playing community set in Trader's Bend, Montana. Our concept is the culmination of twenty years of plotting and planning. We feature a rich, developed program in which many troubled characters thrive. Our community is one of the best on jcink and we look forward to you becoming a part of it!
Healing Horses & Troubled Teens since 1995
Not every teenager has the benefit of growing up in a loving, happy home. Some are victims of abuse, neglect, a system that shuffles them from foster home to foster home. Brook Haven Ranch was established in 1995 as a refuge for abused and neglected horses -- and teenagers who needed a second chance in life and the opportunity to become something more than society expects of them.
Updates
8/25/2017 - Revamp Executed! 11/3/2017 - Holiday Event Launched!

STAFF SEARCH!

Forum Rules Tag Your Triggers!

Remember to Tag Your Triggers!
People and events in shippers are entirely fictional.

Add Reply
New Poll

my wish, for you, is that life becomes all that..., 38 / STAFF / ALYSSA MILANO
tara thompson
psychologist • 38 YRS
ENFP
Occupation
psychologist
Nickname
Tara
Pronouns
she/her
Sexual Orientation
heterosexual
Status
married
Partner
Keith Thompson
Riding Style
Western
Tara has been on the ranch since the moment she was born. She's known Brook Haven well before it was ever a safe haven for abused horses and kids that needed guidance. There isn't a piece of this land that she doesn't know or hasn't walked. She spent her life in this place, and she couldn't imagine it any differently.

When her father turned the ranch into what it is, and then when Logan took over it, she smiled and continued on. She never expected her dad to give her the ranch, not only was Logan older than her, but he was a living example of how the program worked.

More than anything, Tara wants to see Brook Haven thrive, and she knows that it can, but she doesn't want to have to play mediator to get it to. She wishes her brothers would get their shit together and figure it all out, because she's tired of translating. Even if she does understand what's going on, it doesn't make it any easier on her energy levels.

On top of everything else with the ranch, a new addition has joined them and this addition is one of Tara's biggest secrets. Grace Somers, her biological daughter who she allowed to be adopted by the girl's biological father and his wife. The fact that she's there, at all, has her concerned, but she doesn't even know how to bring it up with anyone.

And, if for any reason, she thought she could somehow continue to keep this secret, the only man who could blow the lid on the whole thing has shown up at the ranch looking to sponsor. She doesn't want Ethan Somers anywhere near the ranch, or her. So, not only does she have to figure out how to explain to her family (and her husband!) that she had a child, but that while she was pregnant with that child she had a relationship with the child's uncle and that he had been abusive of her -- and now he's at the ranch.

Sonny
is
Days of Light

Breed
Rocky Mountain Horse
Disciplines
western pleasure
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
she/her
Timezone
gmt--5
Contact
pm me!
32 Posts
260 Points
Brook Haven
owner
Tara Thompson
TW: giving child up for adoption, keeping secrets, infertility, near drowning incident, breaking of bone, hospital trip, physical discipline references

Basics

Full Name: Tara Brook Thompson
Nickname/Alias: Tara
Date of Birth: May 19, 1978
Current Age: 38
Pronouns: she/her
User Group: staff
Sub-Group: owner

Appearance

Eye Color: brown
Hair Color: brunette
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 131 lbs
Scars or Marks: Answer Here
Tattoos or Piercings
  • ears pierced
  • nose pierced
  • tattoo on inner wrist -- "breathe" with sparrows

Face Claim: Alyssa Milano

Personality

MBTI Type: ENFP
Likes: cooking, gardening, fresh food, country life, smell of horses, horses, getting new tack, beautiful things, hiking, photography, ice skating, baking, her husband, spending time with Keith, the ranch kids, psychology, front porch swings, country music, helping kids overcome their obstacles, helping people in general, organizing charitable events, helping people in need, riding, spending time with her husband, spending time with their son, sex, making the boys' favorite meals, kids, decorating, antiquing, sewing, quilting, coming up with theraputic activities for the kids on the ranch
Dislikes: snakes, spiders, living in the city, arguing familiy, lying, not being honest, the word "no", being told she can't do something, being hit, when her brothers act more like her father than brothers, that there are certain downfalls to being a woman, sexism, racism, abusive assholes, infertility, when doctors say "there's nothing wrong" but there obviously is, when peopl get nosy about her personal business
Strengths: reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable, curious, observant, energetic and enthusiastic, excellent communicator, knows how to relax, very popular and friendly
Weaknesses: stubborn, possessive, uncompromising, poor practical skills, finds it difficult to focus, overthinks, stresses easily, highly emotional, independant to a fault
Fears: spiders, snakes, falling, confined spaces, her mother dying, losing the ranch, heights, her secrets getting out, her brothers rejecting her
Aspirations: To continue to help the Brook Haven kids through to the best of her ability until the day that she's no longer able to anymore.

Relationships

Romantic Orientation: heteroromantic
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual
Relationship Status: married
Significant Other: Keith Thompson

Lifestyle

Career/Occupation: Therapy Coordinator for BHR
Education: Ph.d in Psychology
Dream Job: Therapy Coordinator for BHR
Home Town: Traders Bend, Montana
Religion: Christian

Equestrian Life

Preferred Riding Style: Western
Disciplines: trail riding, western riding, pole bending
Riding Strengths: good communication, good seat
Riding Weaknesses: stubborn, sometimes too easily distracted

Tara's Timeline

May 19. 1978 -- Tara was born to Charlie and Edward Brook.
      Tara came as a bit of a surprise to her parents, who had adopted an infant son two years earlier. To her knowledge, she wasn't ever treated any differently than her brother (or brothers that would come along later), and she always resented Simon's taunting her, which started when she was just an infant and he refused to accept her.

1985 -- Logan was adopted into the family.

The way my parents adopted Logan wasn't the same way that they'd taken in Simon. Simon had been an infant adoption, but with Logan, there was something there that Momma and Daddy were attracted to. He was a pain when he first showed up, and I used to follow him around like a puppy dog, because he was interesting. I didn't understand back then what he was struggling with, or that he didn't need me trailing him, but I wanted to get to know him. If my parents loved him, then it meant I was supposed to as well, right?

June of 1986 -- Tara almost drowned.

I wasn't supposed to go into the river by myself, but Logan and Simon had taken too long, and when they'd showed up, Logan'd had to run back to back to the camp our parents had set up for something. I was mad, and I thought that I knew what I was doing, so I went in without him there. Little did I know, Logan wasn't there to 'babysit' me -- he was there to test the current of the water and make sure it was safe. Before I knew what had happened, the current had swept me up and I struggling to keep my head above water.

Logan had heard me screaming and rushed over. The water was moving fast. I'll never forget the look of panic on his face as he screamed and ran alongside me, reassuring me that he'd get me out. By the grace of God, I managed grab onto a a rock, but before Logan, Simon. or my parents could get to me, I'd slipped and gone under the surface of the water. I couldn't really tell you how it felt, except that it was chaotic and incredibly painful.

I didn't even know that Logan had been in the water until he pulled me out, with Daddy right behind him. We all made it out of the river, and after I finished coughing up all the water I'd swallowed, Daddy whooped me for disobeying him and "scaring 10 years off his life". They also didn't let me go into the water to swim for the rest of the camping trip.

September of 1987 -- Tara broke her arm falling off her horse.
      Misty got spooked on the trail while I was riding with Daddy. Momma was at home, working with Simon on his math homework. It was supposed to be a short ride before supper, but when Misty threw me, I hadn't been expecting it and I fell wrong on my arm. Oh, did it hurt! I remember Dad was right by side, encouraging me to let him see. It was obvious that there was something wrong right away, I could tell by the look on his face before he pulled me close for a hug, then helped me to stand as he told me that we had to get off the trail and that he'd call Momma and have her come get us so we could go to the hospital.

When I tried to get back on my horse, Dad smiled at me and asked if I was sure. I told him I was, but the truth was that I was scared and I didn't really want to ride her. Misty was skittish the whole ride back, but we made it to the clearing, where Mamma picked us up in the truck and took me to the hospital. They took x-rays and I was that I'd need to keep it in cast for at least six weeks and that they'd need me to come back to the hospital for additional x-rays while the arm healed.

November of 1987 Tony joined the family.
      Tony was fifteen when he joined our family, and he was quiet back then. Ever since I can remember, he was gifted with the animals. It was really neat when he joined the family, because no one said "no" when he brought animals into the house. Of course, he knew what he was doing, and was always doing the best he could to help an animal in need, which was hard for our parents to say no to.
    1988 Graduated Elementary School.

1989 Tara lost her best friend.

It was stupid. Really. We were in middle school and we liked the same boy, and we got into a fight that spiraled out of control and she decided that she wasn't going to be my friend anymore. Instead of going to her and working it out, I stubbornly waited for her to come to me. That didn't work, and we haven't talked since, except for in school when we had assignments to do together. I never explained to my parents why Gloria stopped coming by, and they didn't press too hard after a while.

1991 Graduated Middle School

1995 Brook Haven Ranch opened it's doors.

1995 First Date.

Back then, I had a major crush on the man that I now call my husband, but it wasn't him that I went on my first date with, or got my first kiss from. I was curious about dating, and so when Garth asked me out, I said yes. It was awkward, but I had a fun time with him, and we continued to date for 3 months before I broke it off with him because he'd begun to act like a jerk toward one of the kids in our class, unnecessarily bullying him.

March, 1995 Tara got suspended from school.

It had been stupid to skip school for a week straight. I don't know what I thought would happen when my parents found out, except that I didn't plan on them finding out. That didn't work out in my favor. I remember coming home to the both of them sitting down at the kitchen table, and that none of the boys were home (that was never a good sign).

It was my senior year, and I'd already been accepted to the college of my choice,so it didn't impact that part of my life. Skipping had been dumb. I hadn't been doing anything I couldn't have been doing any other time of the day, but Momma and Daddy weren't a bit pleased with my shenanigans. I spent the entire week I was suspended wishing I was at school instead. They didn't let me off easy, and when the suspension was lifted, I was still grounded, and expected to report straight home and to bring home an 'attendance sheet' at the end of the week, where my teachers had reported any tardies, absences, or if I wasn't participating in class.

That was an embarrassing situation. But I'll tell you what, I never skipped another class in my life.

1996 Graduated High School.

Fall of 1996 Tara attended MSU in pursuit of her Psychology degree.

1997 Billy joined the family.

Tara was away at college when her parents took Billy on. She got to know him on her breaks and when she returned home after she obtained her degree.

May 2000 Tara graduated MSU with her bachelor's degree in Psychology.

Summer of 2000 Tara returned home for the summer and fall semester of college.

Following her graduation, Tara was accepted into the Master's degree program for the Spring Semester of 2001, so she returned home, taking a break from her not so serious boyfriend, Ethan Somers.

During this time, she worked with her parents on the ranch and in her spare time, she did what 22 year olds did. She socialized, and hung out at bars. Unfortunately, one night she overindulged and the next morning she woke up in the bed of a married man. Embarrassed by her mistake, she dressed and didn't talk about it with anyone.

July 2000 Tara discovered she was pregnant.

I didn't tell my parents or my brothers when I found out that I was pregnant. It was part of the reason that I moved back in with Ethan at the university in October, instead of staying through December like I had planned. I got a job and started to figure things out for myself.

October 2000 Moved in with Ethan Somers.

November 2000 The first time Ethan hit her.

She'd taken an extra shift at work. The way Tara saw it, she had a responsibility to make sure that she could take care of her daughter, and that meant putting in the extra work. She didn't want to have to go to her parents for anything. That night, she didn't call Ethan to let him know what had been going on, and when he'd shown up at the bar that she'd taken a job at, they'd gotten into an argument in the back. Words were heated, and after a particularly smart remark, she felt the sting of his hand across her face. She locked herself in the bathroom for a good fifteen minutes and waited until he was gone before she came out. One of the other bartenders noticed the mark on her face and suggested that she take the rest of the night.

December 2000 The last time Ethan hit her.

She was supposed to be going home two weeks before Christmas. She'd been packing when she got into it with him about why she needed to leave on Monday instead of Wednesday, when he was following behind her.

I had a hot temper back then. I might have goaded him. Really, I couldn't tell you one way or another, but what I do know is that no woman deserves to be hit like that. The bruise he left on the side of my face had me cancelling my trip home entirely, and packing my stuff as fast as I could so that I could move out. I left him a note, telling him that if he followed me, I'd call the cops. And he didn't. It was the last time I saw him until he showed up at Brook Haven last month. It also altered a ton of events in my life.

January 2001 Tara started her Master Degree courses. February 29th, 2001 Tara gave birth to her biological daughter.

The adoption was a quiet one, and not entirely legal. I gave birth to Grace in the home of Saren and Archer Somers, who had agreed to take her in as one of their own, which was good considering she was one of Archer's own. At the time, I'd been desperate, scared, and unsure of myself. I reassured myself that it was the right thing for Grace, but really, I was doing what I thought was best for me. It was selfish, and that day changed the rest of my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her.

2004 Tara got her Ph. D in Psychology. Tara returned home and began working with Brook Haven Ranch as the head of psychology.

2005 Tara married Keith Thompson.

2015 Brook Haven was shut down.

2016 Brook Haven Ranch reopened it's doors.

Secrets from my family

While Tara expects (and knows how to get) people to open up to her, she's never been too great about sharing her own very personal secrets. Not even with her family. No one knows about the little baby girl that she gave up for adoption sixteen years ago. She's not stupid enough to think that she was doing the best thing for her daughter, it had been a selfish decision that once it had been made, there was no turning back from. Now, she's having to deal with the reality of that as her biological daughter has come to join them on the ranch (at the insistence of the adoptive parents she doesn't know are adoptive). Grace doesn't know a thing, but the real kicker is that neither does Tara's husband, brother, or mother.

Time is running out for her to say something. Things are already messy, but they could get a whole lot worse.

A man from the past

The last thing a person wants is for their past to come up and bite them, and the truth is that should Ethan choose to cause her problems, she has a lot to lose. Back in her college days, she knew him well, and he'd been there for her throughout the pregnancy that she hid from her family. Back then, she'd actually thought that they'd had a chance of making a relationship work between the two of them, that was until the moment he hit her.

Back then, she'd known that he was wrong, but the way he'd been raised had taught him otherwise, and so she put up with it for a time. She didn't mind that he felt like he needed to be in control, but the second time he hit her, he'd left a bruise on her face significant enough that she'd had to cancel a visit home. Unwilling to let it go any further, especially since she wasn't willing to put her unborn child at risk, she moved out of their apartment and got one of her own.

Now that he's on the ranch, she's worried. Benefactor or not, he's not up to anything good (in her opinion), and the last thing she needs is for him to cause her trouble. His presence isn't helped by the fact that he seems to be intentionally goading her husband, and she worries that he might open his mouth at the wrong time and reveal some of her secrets before she has a chance to.

As much as she appreciates the financial help he's willing to provide, it could cost her everything, and Tara doesn't know how to explain any of it to her brothers.

Putting her nose where it doesn't belong

When students arrive on the ranch, Tara receives a copy of their file. Typically, she scans over the information, jots down a few notes, but when she came across the name Jeffries, the kid immediately had her attention. That had been Keith's ex's last name, and while it was probably nothing, she still felt like she needed to dig a little bit deeper. Upon finding his mother's full name, Tara knew immediately who he belonged, despite the fact that there was no father on the birth certificate. Now, she just has to explain to her husband that his ex wife took off while she was pregnant with their second son, and that he's on Brook Haven -- easier said than done. She also has to explain the situation to Logan and Amber, so that appropriate steps can be taken -- including a possible DNA test.

About Tara

thirty-four years old • alyssa milano
curious • independent • fun-loving owner
psychologist
hetero-romantic heterosexual

Tara is part of the sibling group that owns this ranch, but it tends to take new students a while to figure that out, since she's known as Tara -- then, the head of the counseling program.

Tara is an incredibly warm woman who lets her warmth and sparkle shine out at those who take part in her and to those she meets in passing. She's usually described as a happy woman (sometimes girl, depending upon who you ask) who loves to love. She tends to take a personal investment in the kids who walk through the door, and doesn't hold back when it comes to expressing herself. She has a kind heart and does her best to practice kind thoughts, but she'll tell you that she's far from perfect.

Like anyone else does, she has her own struggles, and makes her own mistakes. Thankfully, she has a wonderful husband, and brothers who are always there whenever she needs a hand. She's teased the men in her life that if she needed to bury a body they'd all just grab their shovels and go. For now, it's not a body that concerns her, but rather a teenage boy who is biologically connected to her husband. Since she found out about her step-son, she's struggled with what was best for both Keith and Everett, and even has her brothers in on the whole thing. Will she do the right thing before she sabotages her own marriage and makes a teenage boy hate her? We'll see.

Platonic

Tara tends to be very outgoing. She loves life, and the people in hers. For the most part, she chooses to see the positive and resists dwelling on the negative. She's had a good life growing up on the ranch, and wouldn't trade it for the world. Not even with the three annoying big brothers that came with it.

Mos of the kids aren't likely to know what it is that she does until they have a reason to. She tends to work with the kids who've been there for a while, so long standing students will know her, while the newcomers aren't likely to understand exactly what she does, since she doesn't work as a counselor. Long story short, she's Logan's "fun" kid sister, who got her doctorate in psychology and who employs most (but not all) of the counseling staff.

Outside of work and the teenagers development, Tara's interest include things like baking, gardening, and animals. Every spring she's attempts to get the students involved in a planting project for the ranch and asks for volunteers to help her tend the garden throughout the year. She learned how to bake and can from her own mother, who learned from her mother and so on, but even Charlie admitted that Tara's gifted at that sort of thing. Over time, staff and students on the ranch will learn that it's often thanks to her that they have sweets in the mess hall.

One of the most important things you need to know about her is that she loves to have fun. She doesn't see any point in going around being miserable, and attempts to pull people out of their shells by simply being herself. While she does understand that not everyone is outgoing, she does think that there's always something to be happy about, even if it's only temporary.

Ideas? Hit me with your best shot!

Romantic

Outside of her husband, Keith, Tara has only ever been romantically involved with one man. Their relationship ended after Ethan got a little too physical with her. She was away at college at the time, and her family is unaware that this ever happened, and she never brought it up with her husband or son.

She's been happily married for 12 years now to the man of her dreams, and one that she'd been pining since she was just a girl. She's not interested in having that change. Ever.

Antagonistic

I do not anticipate Tara having a whole lot of enemies on or off of the ranch. She grew up here, and in Trader's Bend, and she's always been the way that she is now, though perhaps she has a few more scars than she once did.

She's far from perfect. As I've stated before, Tara does make mistakes, and unfortunately when she makes them, they're typically pretty big. Still, she makes the choice every day when she gets up to see the positive light in the day, rather than the negative. With this being the case, I can see her getting on the nerves of people who do not take the time to get to know her and learn that she is incredibly sympathetic and always willing to listen and hear you out.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Familiar

Tara's relationships within her family are complicated. As much as she expects everyone to open up to her, she has a hard time opening up to them. She's not quick to share her secrets, and this tends to bite her. It's not that she's lying to them, exactly, it's more that she's scared of doing something to lose them. She worries about them turning her back on her and deciding that she isn't worth the trouble, so she does the best she can to keep them out of her problems, which means carrying them alone, instead of with the support they could offer.

With that said, she is close to her family. They know about everything, except for her deepest, darkest secrets.

Tara loves her parents, and all of her pain in the butt brothers to death -- even if she swears that some of them pick fights just for the heck of it.

At home, Keith and her relationship is great, and Cade is still living with them as he gets all of his ducks in a row.

Other

Tara works will work with all of the students at some point or another. Even if she isn't in charge of their therapy, she oversees all of the therapists on the ranch that work with the kids. She knows what she's doing, and she loves to see kids be able to open up to them, heal, and move forward. Kids who get sent to her office are rarely there for discipline issues, so there shouldn't be issues with fear when coming to her -- she's more about talking with them or doing activities that give them an opportunity to work through something.

First Impressions

First impressions are a tricky thing. As much as Tara doesn't want to be judged for the way she looks, she is. Men often see her as a beautiful petite woman with a curvy body, defined legs, and eyes that seem to pierce into a person's soul.

Kids often first view her as a pushover, an easy target, and someone that they can what they want through.

Friendly Impressions

Tara is naturally a friendly person, and her friends know that when they are with her. She's loyal, but she doesn't tolerate people's crap and while she will be there and listen to them, her friends know that hurling untrue accusations at her is one of the quickest way to lose her. She's a busy woman, and she certainly doesn't have time for high school drama, especially since she works with teenagers most of the day.

Familiar Impressions

Her family, especially her brothers and parents, often see the younger girl she once was instead of the woman she is. It's easy to do, since in the last 20 years she's still the same head strong girl she was, just with a bit more elegance and refinement than she had back then.

Her nieces, nephews, and son tend to see her as their independent, and headstrong aunt with a tendency to get what it is that she wants. She makes a wonderful friend or a formidable enemy. But she loves deeply, and without conditions and that's something they are also aware of. While she's not typically in a position of authority, most of them know not to disobey her, it never turns out well.

Her husband's family adores her, and sees her as just the woman for Keith. They think the two are well suited, and that Tara keeps him on his toes just enough.

Rival Impressions

On a one to ten scale, Tara's an 11 when it comes to sportsmanship. She doesn't like losing, but she plays fair, and by the rules. In competitions, she's fun to play against. She may teasingly goad, but it's nothing serious and at the end of the day, the competition isn't as important as the friendships are.

Enemy Impressions

It's easy for enemies to sees her flaws, rather than her positive points. People who make an enemy of her often see Tara as scheming, hot headed, temperamental, with a tendency to run off at the mouth. Most people who make an enemy of her often wish that they hadn't, because she doesn't tend to hold back.

Authority Impressions

Tara has ... issues with authority. She's naturally a submissive person, but when she's pushed the wrong way, she tends to push back. For this reason, it's a really good thing that she's working on the family ranch, and is the person in charge of her area. She doesn't tend to have anyone to report, other than her brother, who is usually just checking in, not coming down on her.

Coworker/Partner Impressions

Tara is super friendly with everyone, and it shows at work. She genuinely cares about the people that she works with, and is known for bringing in pies, drinks, or other treats when one of her co-worker on the ranch. Despite knowing her as friendly, co-workers also tend to see her as exceptional at her job. She knows what she's doing with these kids, and while it's sometimes easy to see her as younger because of her free spirit, it's apparent just how much of an adult she truly is when she's working with the teenagers on the ranch.

Lover Impressions

Tara hasn't had a lot of lovers in her life, but as Keith would probably attest to, she's a devoted lover. She focuses on him when he's home. They have their own unique relationship, in which Keith is in charge, and she hopes that her husband sees her as respectful, caring, and loving.

Self-Impressions

Tara tries to so hard, and the reason for that is because she suffers immense guilt and doesn't know what to do with herself. She wants to open up with her secrets, but doing that scares her to death, and then she feels stupid both for wanting to and for her fear of doing it. She tries so hard with the people around her because one of her deepest fears is that she doesn't deserve them.

Post-Mortem Impressions

There will be a large crowd at Tara's funeral, ranging from her children, to siblings, to nieces and nephews, and even kids from the ranch who's lives she's changed. Most will remember her as loving and caring, and the woman who loved to bake and share her love through cooking.

Mun Impressions

I adore Tara. To be honest, she's one of my favorite. She's beautifully complicated , and a wonderfully flawed person. She's so far from perfect that it's ridiculous. She's headstrong, stubborn, but loving, kind, and the sort of person who would do just about anything she could for someone she loved. She's made a lot of mistakes along the way, but those mistakes have helped her grow into the person that she is.

Friends

First Last • Relationship

Bacon ipsum dolor amet brisket shoulder pork belly, prosciutto cupim jerky andouille meatball ham hock porchetta landjaeger. Cupim shank filet mignon, corned beef rump brisket salami biltong shankle drumstick chicken. Rump turducken brisket, porchetta ball tip sausage spare ribs. Strip steak corned beef short loin prosciutto chicken. Sausage pork chop tail meatloaf. Cupim spare ribs boudin andouille. Ham hock shankle capicola leberkas pancetta.

Bacon ipsum dolor amet brisket shoulder pork belly, prosciutto cupim jerky andouille meatball ham hock porchetta landjaeger. Cupim shank filet mignon, corned beef rump brisket salami biltong shankle drumstick chicken. Rump turducken brisket, porchetta ball tip sausage spare ribs. Strip steak corned beef short loin prosciutto chicken. Sausage pork chop tail meatloaf. Cupim spare ribs boudin andouille. Ham hock shankle capicola leberkas pancetta.

Enemies

Lovers

Family

Other

Habits

First awake, and last to bed

As a teenager, Tara hated getting up in the morning, but was often up late into the night. Now, as an adult, she's often the first up in the morning and the last to go to bed. Besides taking care of her family, she often uses the evening hours to catch up on work, which means that before she typically goes to bed much later than her husband an son, except for the occasions when her husband closes whatever she's working on, or takes the sponge out of her hand and tells her that it will be there in the morning.

Getting up before everyone gives her a few hours to get started on things she needs to get done, and even gives her and Keith some alone time.

Daily routine

Every morning, Tara gets up, takes a shower, does her hair and make-up, then proceeds to get ready for her day. She's never without make-up, and she doesn't tend to skip a shower of brushing her teeth. She's always well put together, and it's because she does the same thing every single day.

Green Tea

Every day, Tara has a glass of green tea, usually sweetened and infused with citrus. She makes it herself and keeps it in her refrigerator at home, then fills and takes a bottle with her to the office.

Quirks

Dead giveaway

Tara has a hard time lying. Whenever she does it she has a hard time looking the person she's lying to in the eye. She almost always bites her lip when she's lying. If she can't not bite or look you in the eye, she's definitely not being honest.

Walking Away

Tara has a hard time crying in front of people, so as a defense mechanism she will walk away if you hurt her enough. She may even make a not so nice remark before she does it, but make no mistake, if she walks away it's because she's hurt and needs a good cry.

Finger tapping

When she's worried she taps her fingers. It's an innocent enough action if you don't know her well, but if you do, it's typically a sign that something's weighing heavily on her mind.

Hobbies

Scrabble

It's one of those games that her mom used to play with her when she wanted to talk with her, and as a result, she plays it now just because she wants to. However, she also uses this as a tool with Cade and kids at the ranch. It's a good game to play while keeping up conversation.

Horseback Riding

Tara loves horses, she really does. Despite a fall that really scared her when she was young, she still has a great love for horses and horseback riding.

Baking

Tara loves to bake, and most of the people on the ranch love it when Tara does bake. It's a great stress reliever for her, but one should take into consideration that if she fills her whole kitchen with pies, something's probably up that she needs to talk about. She loves surprising friends, family, and even the ranch students with these sorts of treats.

Skills

Spanish

Tara is fluent in Spanish, as both she and Keith speak it, in and out of their home. Since Keith was raised with Spanish speaking parents, he too has raised with his son with the language in the house.

Handwriting

Tara's been working on her handwriting for years, and now she loves it. She penned Nicole's invitations for her high school graduation and she loves the way it looks. All the loops and swirls are lots of fun.

Cooking

Tara loves to cook for her family. It's one of the ways that she shows the people she loves how she feels about them. She loves cooking for the boys, and sometimes she brings dishes over to her parents' or brothers' homes as well. She's pretty good at it too. She's never had anyone turn her down.

Interests

Wreath Making

Tara loves to make wreaths. Whether it's for her home, or a present for someone else, she really enjoys it. She has a collection of one's she's made and rotates depending on the time of year. She thinks they are great house warming gifts.

Crafts

Tara loves crafting, when she has the time. It's one of the last things on her list, and while she'll look up ideas for new projects, she doesn't often get around to all of them.

Decorating

Decorating her house is something she's taken pride in over the last ten years. All over her house are pictures of her family, things she's made or collected, and things she's gone out to the store and bought. Her home really represents both her and her family, and she takes a lot of pride in it.

Desired Plots

So Sweet

I think it would be neat if a young staffer or teenage boy in the program has a crush on Tara and she found out about it. It has the potential to be a really neat dynamic, especially since her son would probably notice and find it really weird.

Pregnancy Discovery

Tara has completely given up on becoming pregnant. She's done trying to have kids anymore, because trying and failing is worse than simply settling in with what she has. She's not keeping track of her periods anymore, and I can see her attributing stress to her period being late, instead of pregnancy. It would be neat if someone suggested it and a light went off.

Don't tell me how to do my job

It would be neat if someone with a degree in psychology came in and started stepping over top of her, in the most well meant of ways. This would really begin to grate on Tara after a little while and would make for a nice confontation.

About Ava

Pronouns: she/her
Time Zone: GMT-5
Native Language: English

Preferred Word Count: 250-800
Likely Triggers: Anything that could be potentially triggering, especially mental illness (I don't have a problem with mental illness in general, but I don't like it when it's used as a reason that a character (especially kid) behaves poorly).

Your Other Characters: Tony Brook, Nicole Brook Holmes
logan brook
Brook Haven Owner • 48 YRS
ESFP
Occupation
Brook Haven Owner
Nickname
Logan
Pronouns
He/Him
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Married
Partner
Amber Brook
Riding Style
Western
Logan is the current owner of Brook Haven Ranch, and the founder of its program for troubled teens. A former troubled kid himself, he came to the ranch addicted to cocaine, unable to find his way, and angry with his biological parents for giving up on him. He can relate to the kids on the ranch, from the struggle with behavioral trouble to the frequent struggle with drugs, and he knows what it's like to be the child of parents who gave up on him.

He has a lot to give to the teens at Brook Haven Ranch, and he's opened the ranch up to these kids so that they can grow into people who are able to take care of themselves and contribute to society. His program is one that focuses on making sure that the students learn how to be their best selves, while increasing their confidence and their trust in themselves and the people around them.

Logan is the father figure of the ranch. He can be strict with the students, but only because he knows what it's like to be one of them, and he does his best to provide them with the discipline and structure that they need while also making sure that the teens on the ranch know that they have people who care about them and that there will always be a place for them whenever they need it.

Addiction has a big place in Logan's life, and he recognizes that he's either in recovery or in relapse. Right now he's in relapse, and attempting to hide it from his wife, his daughter, his parents, his brothers, and his sister. When they find out, there's sure to be some drama for Logan, who has to get back on the wagon or risk losing everything that he's build on the ranch.

When it comes down to it, Logan will do anything necessary to help the teenagers that the ranch serves, even if it involves a personal risk or giving up something to save those kids. They come before himself, and when push comes to shove, hard decisions will be made in favor of the troubled teens program, no matter what it means for Logan.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Veritas
is
Truth be Told

Breed
Quarter Horse
Disciplines
Trail Riding
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
77 Posts
595 Points
Brook Haven
Owner
Logan & Tara
You know how dumb it feels to go over what we already know with two characters with an established history with one another? Some people can do it, but I always feel foolish rehashing the same old things. I feel like to some extent I could put anything in here and nobody would really notice that I'd done it.

Needless to say, we do know where these two are headed. Tara's trying to keep secrets from Logan, who is also keeping secrets from Tara, and this is gong to escalate into something that is going to be a disaster once Keith is in play. I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve it -- but Logan isn't.

Let me know if you want any kind of a thread for the two of them. Until Keith's around though, we're a bit limited.

Hit me back!
rebekah brook
Therapist • 26 YRS
ENFP
Occupation
Therapist
Nickname
Bekah
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Married
Partner
Simon Brook
Riding Style
Western
Sweet natured and giving, Rebekah Brook is a friendly face around the ranch. She worked the program as a teenager, and met Simon Brook when she was in college. They married and returned home, only for her to discover that he was, in fact, one of Brooks who owned the ranch where she had spent her adolescence. It wasn't amusing at first, but as time went on, it became a personal inside joke, and Bekah became a friendly face around the ranch, someone who understood the kids better than most -- including her husband -- and who would bend over backward to make the newcomers as comfortable as she could.

Bekah is generally considered to be one of the most approachable adults on the ranch. She is considerate, kind, and compassionate, and she tends to see the students for the people they are beneath their troubles. Of all the adults on the ranch, she's the last one to judge one of the students based on their troubles. After all, she's had her fair share of struggles as well.

She's currently pregnant, which limits her activities quiet a bit, but Bekah still does her best to keep up with the kids on the ranch and to help them as much as she can. Adjustment is a process as far as she's concerned, and most kids settle down once they have the opportunity to know that somebody on the ranch actually cares for them.

A very hands-on adult, Bekah goes out of her way to spend time with the kids in a personal setting, and she reaches out to them individually, particularly when they're struggling. Even on her toughest days, she eats with the kids, checks in on them in their dorms, and provides room for them to communicate with her. If they can't or don't want to communicate, she's more than happy to just hold space for them.

Maddie
is
Midnight Madness

Breed
Quarter Horse
Disciplines
Barrel Racing
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
58 Posts
400 Points
Brook Haven
Co-Owner

Bekah & Tara
You know, I can see these two sitting back on the porch drinking sweet tea and shooting the breeze with one another. I envision their relationship as being a close one, with both of them leaning heavily on the other during times of trouble. Bekah's not particularly close to Amber, I don't think, and as for the other women in the family, that sort of leaves Tara. Would Tara like to help Bekah with her spring garden?
Hit me back!

rachel vanderbilt
Student • 16 YRS
INFJ
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Rae
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Single
Partner
None
Riding Style
English
Rachel came to Brook Haven on a referral from her brother. She served eighteen months in juvenile detention and upon her release, her parents relinquished their parental rights to her entirely. Her life looks like one bad decision that influenced the everything, but the truth is that she's made a lot of mistakes, from having a baby at the age of twelve to holding up a liquor store when she was barely fifteen. At the end of the day, what she wanted the most was her parents' attention, and they were never capable of giving her that.

The ranch only knows part of the truth about Rachel; That she was arrested for holding up a liquor store, that she was difficult in juvy, that she was prone to fights with other inmates, that she was difficult to control (or just plain "difficult"). Her parents and the authorities never revealed the truth of her pregnancy or the child she was forced to give up for adoption, the circumstances of her family or the fact that her parents didn't treat her very well.

She's come to Brook Haven Ranch with no hope or expectations of something good coming of her experience with juvenile detention. Her natural reaction is to buck the system and to fight back, but Rachel is exhausted by her experiences and all she wants is a better life for herself.

A tried and true "horse girl," this is exactly the right place for Rachel, who has missed being around horses while she was in juvy. Their presence has surprised her, and they've given her an outlet for a lot of what's going on inside of her (because despite it all, she's less angry and more hurt than most people seem to realize).

Thor
is
Lord of Thunder

Breed
Warmblood
Disciplines
Show Jumping
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
115 Posts
945 Points
Ridgerunner
Paint

Rachel & Tara
I think that we've talked about the potential in this relationship before. Rachel absolutely needs women to look up to, especially after the way that her biological mother treated her, and I think that she would crave the sort of woman that Tara is. She'd underestimate her at first, just like most people seem to, but after a while I think that Tara could wind up being good for Rachel.

Do you have any thread ideas?

Hit me back!

isabella curry
Student • 15 YRS
ISTJ
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Bella
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Status
Single
Partner
Owen Dorsey
Riding Style
English
Nearly two years ago, the barn that housed Bella's five horses burned to the ground. The fire was set by carelessness during one of her twin sister Ronnie's wild drinking parties. Ronnie has always kept the wrong sort of friends while Bella stayed in her hole and wrote in her journal or drew in her notebooks. While both girls were equally abused by their stepfather, they responded differently to the abuse.

And they responded differently to the fire as well. Two of Ronnie's horses made it out of the fire, but none of Bella's did, and though Ronnie's horses have since been sold by their stepfather as retribution for what she did (and because Ronnie refused to interact with them after the fire), Bella suffers the loss of her animals acutely. She saw them die, and she cannot imagine anything worse than that.

Half of Bella's body -- as is Ronnie's -- is covered with burn scars acquired when she struggled to pull her horses out of the blaze. The scars have made Bella self-conscious to the point of aggression. She won't allow people to get close to her and sometimes refuses to participate in group activities as a result of the scars.

It's making a lot of trouble for the people on the ranch, and the fact that Bella's been put into the group that her brother leads hasn't made things any easier on her. Nate's been strict and demanding with her, with high expectations of excellence when all she wants is to lay in bed all day.

The last thing that she wants is to bond with another horse. It's too difficult when she loses them. But the ranch has given her a "special" horse, a damaged thoroughbred that some have said only a real horse whisperer can handle. Will a broken girl be able to heal a broken horse?

Tokyo
is
Lost in Translation

Breed
Thoroughbred
Disciplines
Eventing
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM, Shipper, or Intro
66 Posts
525 Points
Wrangler
Mustang

Bella & Tara
Bella is, according to Logan, one of the two most difficult kids currently on the ranch. Ronnie's the other. Tara's going to have her work cut out for her since she runs the therapy program, and it's going to be particularly difficult for her to get through to Bella given the trauma that she's still experiencing. Post Traumatic Stress is destroying Bella's ability to concentrate on anything except for what's already happened to her, and she needs a strong therapeutic support system in order to pull her through it in the end.

Tara's the beginning of that, of course.

I'd actually really like to see how this could turn out for Bella. She needs somebody like Tara, though if she finds out about Tara and Grace she's going to be disgusted with Tara for giving her daughter up for adoption; It's basically what her own mother did to her and she can't stand the woman for letting her be so abused. There is a lot of potential for an ongoing relationship between these two.

Do you have any ideas for how they could meet?

Hit me back!

grace somers
Student • 17 YRS
ISTP
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Gracie
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Single
Partner
Riding Style
English
Grace was sent to Brook Haven Ranch by her parents, who felt that she was defiant, disobedient, and obstinate at home. More than they wanted to help her, they wanted her out of their hair. She frustrated them to no end with her vegetarian lifestyle, her refusal to participate in the slaughter of animals on their homestead, and failed to produce even the "simplest" of baked goods to sell at the market. In many ways, Grace was a liability to her parents, and so they found the most convenient way to get her out of their hair: They enrolled her at Brook Haven Ranch.

It broke Grace's heart. A good girl who has always done her best to please her parents, she's struggled throughout her entire lifetime to do what they wanted of her. On the ranch she has been obedient, considerate, polite, and compassionate with her peers. She's learned to ride quickly, is excellent with horses, and she has gone the distance to help other students to learn how to make the most of their experience on the ranch as well. Helpful and kind, she's known as someone who is a friend to everyone.

Grace is also a strange person. She belongs to a family of witches who have practiced witchcraft for many generations, and her beliefs, therefore, are different from most other students on the ranch. This makes her an easy target for bullying by some of the pushier students on the ranch, but she's always tolerated bullying with a brave face.

This is the first time that Grace has been in school, having been previously home schooled, and so she's still adjusting to the academics and the schedule for education, since she's more accustomed to working every day of the year without much of a break.

Now her home relationships are in turmoil, and it's tough for Grace since her parents and sisters live in Trader's Bend. She's not sure whether they're ever going to come to see her on the visitation days, and she's trying hard not to care.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

anam
is
slánaitheoir manam

Breed
Irish Cobb
Disciplines
Dressage
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
58 Posts
450 Points
Wellwader
Mustang
Grace & Tara
This is another one that we're already completely sure of. But what if Tara was the one to figure out that Grace is pregnant this time? I'm still comfortable with it being Cade, but I think it would be interesting to see her maternal instinct work with Grace, even though they've been separated for sixteen years.
Hit me back!
nathan curry
Veterinarian • 32 YRS
ISFJ
Occupation
Veterinarian
Nickname
Nate
Pronouns
He/Him
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Status
Married
Partner
Ben Lyonette
Riding Style
Western
Nate came to Brook Haven to save his sisters. Nearly two years ago, the twins were involved in a fire. Ronnie's friends set it, and Bella dove in to rescue her horses -- none of whom made it out of the barn fire alive. Knowing that the girls weren't safe with their stepfather, and not trusting their biological father to do the right thing for them, Nate pulled them from the only home that they had ever known and forced them to come with him three months ago to a therapeutic horse rescue and home for troubled teens located in Montana.

He brought with him his husband of three years and the two daughters that they have been raising together. Nate's husband has settled into Trader's Bend as the pastor of the local Christian church, and Nate has had to fight fresh bigotry because of the combination of faith and sexual orientation. It's been an upheaval and a transition for everybody involved, but for Nate personally he's had to release and obtain new birds of prey, he's had to leave behind his veterinary practice, find a new falconer's association, and has had to obtain new licenses. He's doing his best to settle into the new town, but the upheaval has been hard for him.

The worst part about it for him is that his sister's aren't taking to it well. He should have have expected miracles, and he knows that (knew it then and he knows it now) but he's frustrated by the fact that neither of the girls will so much as go near their horses. Given that he went out of his way to get Ronnie's personal horse to the ranch, this has been a low blow, and Nate has been struggling with feeling rejected by his sisters.

He's done all of this for them, and he feels as though he deserves a bit of gratitude for everything that he's sacrificed to help them to get back on their feet and find healing after the fire. His relationships with his immediate family are wonderful, so why can't his sisters accept what he's trying to do when his daughters seem so eager to accept him as their father and to move on with their lives?

Storm
is
Rolls Like Thunder

Breed
American Paint Horse
Disciplines
Cutting
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Discord
42 Posts
330 Points
Wrangler
Counselor

Nate & Tara
I get the feeling that there are going to be massive philosophical differences between Nate and Tara. Nate's pretty closed off, he doesn't want to talk about his life, doesn't want to talk to his father, and so on, and I can see Tara trying to force him into her mold and get him to open up, deal with his feelings about his father and his sisters, and maybe to talk more openly with the girls about their shared experience with Nathaniel. Either way, there's definitely the potential for them to clash, and clash hard.

Would you be interested in a confrontation thread between them?

Hit me back!

rebekah brook
Therapist • 26 YRS
ENFP
Occupation
Therapist
Nickname
Bekah
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Married
Partner
Simon Brook
Riding Style
Western
Sweet natured and giving, Rebekah Brook is a friendly face around the ranch. She worked the program as a teenager, and met Simon Brook when she was in college. They married and returned home, only for her to discover that he was, in fact, one of Brooks who owned the ranch where she had spent her adolescence. It wasn't amusing at first, but as time went on, it became a personal inside joke, and Bekah became a friendly face around the ranch, someone who understood the kids better than most -- including her husband -- and who would bend over backward to make the newcomers as comfortable as she could.

Bekah is generally considered to be one of the most approachable adults on the ranch. She is considerate, kind, and compassionate, and she tends to see the students for the people they are beneath their troubles. Of all the adults on the ranch, she's the last one to judge one of the students based on their troubles. After all, she's had her fair share of struggles as well.

She's currently pregnant, which limits her activities quiet a bit, but Bekah still does her best to keep up with the kids on the ranch and to help them as much as she can. Adjustment is a process as far as she's concerned, and most kids settle down once they have the opportunity to know that somebody on the ranch actually cares for them.

A very hands-on adult, Bekah goes out of her way to spend time with the kids in a personal setting, and she reaches out to them individually, particularly when they're struggling. Even on her toughest days, she eats with the kids, checks in on them in their dorms, and provides room for them to communicate with her. If they can't or don't want to communicate, she's more than happy to just hold space for them.

Maddie
is
Midnight Madness

Breed
Quarter Horse
Disciplines
Barrel Racing
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
58 Posts
400 Points
Brook Haven
Co-Owner
Bekah & Tara
Bekah's currently trying to get together a group of kids to help her set up the garden. Would Tara like to be part of that planning process? I can put them both in as adults and take four to six students that way. We don't have a ton of students, so probably just four for this first character-driven event. Let me know what you want to do!
Hit me back!
rachel vanderbilt
Student • 16 YRS
INFJ
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Rae
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Status
Single
Partner
None
Riding Style
English
Rachel came to Brook Haven on a referral from her brother. She served eighteen months in juvenile detention and upon her release, her parents relinquished their parental rights to her entirely. Her life looks like one bad decision that influenced the everything, but the truth is that she's made a lot of mistakes, from having a baby at the age of twelve to holding up a liquor store when she was barely fifteen. At the end of the day, what she wanted the most was her parents' attention, and they were never capable of giving her that.

The ranch only knows part of the truth about Rachel; That she was arrested for holding up a liquor store, that she was difficult in juvy, that she was prone to fights with other inmates, that she was difficult to control (or just plain "difficult"). Her parents and the authorities never revealed the truth of her pregnancy or the child she was forced to give up for adoption, the circumstances of her family or the fact that her parents didn't treat her very well.

She's come to Brook Haven Ranch with no hope or expectations of something good coming of her experience with juvenile detention. Her natural reaction is to buck the system and to fight back, but Rachel is exhausted by her experiences and all she wants is a better life for herself.

A tried and true "horse girl," this is exactly the right place for Rachel, who has missed being around horses while she was in juvy. Their presence has surprised her, and they've given her an outlet for a lot of what's going on inside of her (because despite it all, she's less angry and more hurt than most people seem to realize).

Thor
is
Lord of Thunder

Breed
Warmblood
Disciplines
Show Jumping
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Intro
115 Posts
945 Points
Ridgerunner
Paint
Rachel & Tara
Sounds good! I'll add it to my list!
Hit me back!
william jenkins
Student • 16 YRS
ISTP
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Will, Billy
Pronouns
he/him
Sexual Orientation
heterosexual
Status
single
Partner
none
Riding Style
English
Polly
is
Pollyana

Breed
Irish Sport
Disciplines
Hunter/Jumper
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
she/her
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM for Discord
59 Posts
600 Points
Tenderfoot
Mustang
Will & Tara
Will's pretty much going to be closed lipped with Tara in the beginning, I'm sorry to say. He wants to talk about what happened to him, and therapists have been surprisingly supportive (everybody has believed him so far), but he's going to be wary on the ranch at first because he's suddenly been given what he wants. From that point forward, the person he trusts the most will be Owen, and then their social worker. This is a huge change, and he's going to take some time to warm up to her. Considering her general warmth, that's going to be something difficult for him to relate to. Most of the dozens of people he's had to tell his story to are very straightforward and to the point. Tara's not that person. Now. She could get to him through his stomach. If she offers him food, he'll be more apt to open up. She could meet up with him in the kitchen during a time when the rest of his group is doing an activity in which he can't participate, and hit him up about food. That will probably open him up pretty fast, and she's not likely to know about his other interests. Alternatively, she could catch him stargazing after lights out.
Hit me back!
katelyn yu
Social Worker • 32 YRS
ESTJ
Occupation
Social Worker
Nickname
Kate
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Status
Engaged
Partner
Josh Tanner
Riding Style
English
Kate grew up as the only daughter in a semi-traditional Korean-American family. Her mother pushed her to study the piano until Kate thought her fingers (or her ears) were going to bleed, while her father encouraged her to follow her dreams. AS a result, she left the piano behind and became a red and white belt in Judo (6th dan) and a black belt in TaeKwondo (5th dan).

She went to college to be a social worker after she helped her best friend in childhood escape from his abusive parents. He survived because of her, and the feeling that it was possible for her to make that big a difference in the lives of people she cared about drove her to do something bigger with her life, to continue to put that effort into "saving children."

It was through her job that she met her current boyfriend, Josh Tanner. He is a police officer who helped her on a couple of cases, a man who had already adopted as a single father and who would later do so again. He inspired her, and the two of them have been together for the past ten years. Kate doesn't always agree with what he does (he's a struggling drug addict who may also have an alcohol problem), but she loves him nonetheless, and therefore she is strongly committed to Josh.

Kate is what she likes to refer to as a "badass social worker." She rides a Harley Davidson (two, actually -- her Softail and her Lowrider) without sitting behind a man to do so; She is a master of Judo; She has taken control of her own destiny without expectations from other people. She does very well for herself in the general sense of the word, and she believes that everybody has the opportunity to make the most out of their lives, and therefore that they should push to be the best that they can be.

Dew
is
Mountain Rush

Breed
Andalusian
Disciplines
Show Jumping
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM or Discord
23 Posts
180 Points
Tenderfoot
Leader
Kate & Tara
I guess Kate does have it all together, even when she feels like she's falling apart. She's made a ton of mistakes, but when it comes to things like managing Josh's issues, she does pretty darn well, doesn't she? So while Kate might not agree with Tara, I think that ultimately I do.

Friendship is a distinct possibility, and they're both pregnant. Kate might even be able to help Tara with Grace if she wanted assistance with navigating those particular waters. It's going to be tough, and you know I want Grace to go home with the Somerses, eventually, but Kate could help to line things up for Tara to make sure that she always has access to Grace.

Hit me back!
eleanor noble
Social Worker • 31 YRS
INFP
Occupation
Social Worker
Nickname
Ellie
Pronouns
She/Her
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Status
married (poly)
Partner
Sawyer Handleton
Riding Style
English
King
is
Danse Macabre

Breed
Andalusian
Disciplines
Dressage
Application
is Offline

Pronouns
He/him/his
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM for Discord
26 Posts
165 Points
Trailblazer
Leader
Ellie & Mom
I hate to say it, but Ellie is probably going to be oblivious to a lot of things going on at home right now. She's so wrapped up in being pregnant and trying to make it through such a high-risk pregnancy that she won't be apt to notice that her mother's acting funny until somebody points it out to her. I could see Sawyer noticing and saying something about it, but Ellie won't be that observant with her mom right now. There's just too much going on between herself being pregnant, Ryan being pregnant ("ugh!" says Ellie). Obviously this doesn't mean that they're any less close to one another than usual. I love the relationship between Tara and Ellie, and I'd be happy with any sort of thread that we could get, but maybe something with the two of them sitting down for herbal tea in the main lodge and chatting about what's going on at home for Ellie, or about a student? There aren't any Trailblazer students yet of course, but it could be anything to kick them off. I could start it while you're working tomorrow, presumably.
Hit me back!

nick fisher
Student • 16 YRS
ENTP
Occupation
Student
Nickname
Nick
Pronouns
He/him/his
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Status
Single
Partner
Riding Style
Western
When people look at Nick, they tend to see a big dumb bully. For all most people experience of him, they might as well be right. At heart, Nick is a smart, sensitive kid who’s learned to act tough because it keeps him safe, but that’s buried deep enough that plenty of people will never encounter that side of him.
Eater
is
Peter the Pumpkin Eater

Breed
American Quarter Horse
Disciplines
Pole Bending
Application
Ben
is Offline

Pronouns
He/him/his
Timezone
GMT-5
Contact
PM
126 Posts
665 Points
Wellwader
Mustang
Tara & Nick
Nick doesn't expect to have any reason to talk to Tara - outside of his scheduled therapy, his interactions with therapeutic staff at BHR mostly revolve around situations where he's in trouble. But that's not exactly an accident; Nick redirects towards conflict, especially physical conflict, because he's more comfortable with that. And he is pretty good at keeping his therapy discussions on the stuff he's comfortable with. The result is that, for a lot of his time at BHR, I expect him to be making genuine progress on managing his temper and behavior, enough to keep at least some of the staff satisfied with his progress, without really touching on his broader attitude towards life or processing some of his other trauma. It sounds like Tara is the staff member who might actually look at the big picture with Nick and realize that the program is missing something - that he's learning how to take his cycle and drag it out longer so he's stable for more of it, but not actually breaking out of it. It's definitely not time for this yet, but at some point hauling Nick into Tara's office - where he's expecting to be in lots of trouble - would really shake him up, in a good way.
Hit me back!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Scrolling
Skin coded by Devin exclusively for Brook Haven Ranch.